March 15, 2006
I am a big proponent of podcasts -- I'm even writing a book on it, and why churches should be doing it. So it stands to reason that I listen to a bunch of them. So here are some, but not all (I'm subscribed to 39, including both of my own).
First, the music podcasts:
- Breakaway Christian Music Podcast: Not the heavy stuff, or overly indie-sounding stuff, but a good podcast featuring a Christian artist on each show.
- Celtic Music News and Irish and Celtic Music Podcasts: CMN plays more contemporary-sounding Celtic music, while the I&CM podcast features more traditional-sounding Celtic music. They're both great podcasts.
- The Bored-Again Christian: "Where Christian music gets saved" is the tag on this one. Just Pete plays some great music on this show, including a few artists that I play on the Pewcast.
- The Roadhouse: I started listening to this one just because Tony voted for me at Podcast Alley one or two months. I'm still listening because I love the show. The Finest Blues You've Never Heard.
Now the churches:
- First Baptist Live Oak: Mike Norton pastors this church. He's the guy behind the GM Podcasting Network, which is where the Pewcast is now.
- Truth For Life: Alistair Begg. 'Nuff said about that. I'm glad he's podcasting now, because I don't always get to hear him on the radio, and don't always think about listening on the computer. This one auto-updates on the iPod, so I don't forget.
- SBTS Chapel Services: Some awesome preaching. Unfortunately, only the Spring 2006 semester is available via podcast, though past semesters can be downloaded individually.
And some other good podcasts:
- Decoder Ring Theatre: Bi-weekly drama podcast. Old-style radio drama -- very fun podcast.
- Podcast 411: Anything you ever wanted to know about podcasts and podcasting.
There are a LOT of good podcasts out there. Cruise through any podcast directory (Podcast Pickle is a great one) and subscribe to a few of them today!
Oh, and don't forget about mine -- they're over in the right sidebar. They're pretty good, too.
Posted by: joe kennedy at March 18, 2006 09:35 PM (Hv6Oy)
60 queries taking 0.0596 seconds, 114 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.